4/17/08

Mindless Self Introduction

During the beginning of this year, I had magically come across an awesome opportunity which I just had to take hold of; the decision to play video games and watch movies for fucking homework. Now this was obviously a great deal, getting A's for basically doing what I always do, playing video games, watching movies, then ranting and raving about how amazingly awesome or errantly shitty they were. At the same time, however, the glory was short-lived. This was my first year on the Northeaster staff, and being that this was my senior year in Fletcher, it was also my last year on the Northeaster staff.

I'd like to thank Ash Saraga for giving me this opportunity in the first place. I remember last year after she had read one of the stories I had submitted in Journalism I. As she was the sub-editor for the Entertainment section, she immediately recruited me, saying, and I quote, "I didn't know you had talent."

My reviews, while obviously not the best written in the universe, were met with general "I like this" views, as I tend to rant, and whenever I rant, I get mad, and when I get mad, I get funny, since I typically discard such ideas as manners and tact.

I'm going to start this blog off by posting each article featured this year, a total of eight, every other day. Once the May issue comes out, which is in two weeks, I'm going to begin posting reviews for one movie every Tuesday and Saturday, and one video game every Thursday and Sunday. If you have any particular movie or video game you'd like me to review, then by all means, request it by e-mailing me at agblade2008@hotmail.com. Be warned, though, that if you request it like an insufferable prick, i.e. "Do this or I will never read this again," then I will take your "nicely formulated request" and shove so far up your ass it'll reach Narnia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude save me some copies of the northeastern


-shannon