4/26/08

Eying Devils

Mindless Self Entertainment
By James del Rosario

The Eye (movie in theaters, rated R)
Photobucket
Perchance, I may be biased because I have a special appreciation in my heart for things out of Asia. Whenever we, as in America, decide to remake an Asian film, and especially horror films, my heart flutters faintly because I know we’ll screw up immensely. So when I heard about the remake of the old Chinese horror movie, The Eye, I was understandably cautious. Without a doubt, this was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. When a horror movie is filled with nothing but gloomy atmosphere and “I-can-see-it-coming” jolts, you have to find a way to occupy yourself. Me, I had a pretzel. And it was honestly more entertaining than the movie.
1 out of 5 ticket stubs
Photobucket


Devil May Cry 4 (game for the PS3, rated M)
Photobucket
To all of those people familiar with the Devil May Cry series may be slightly confused as to why Dante isn’t the main character this time. He appears more as a cameo, not being playable until the last half of the game. Instead, you play as newcomer Nero, chasing after Dante because he for some reason killed your friends, which just happen to be a group of Holy Knights. Hmm. Thankfully, this franchise hasn’t left its roots of action, action, and more action. There’s a new combat system which incorporates Nero’s Devil Bringer, which, in essence, is a spiritual extension of your arm that acts as a grappling hook. I don’t care what anyone says, that is sweet.
375 out of 500 HP
Photobucket

No comments: